Monday, 31 December 2012

New Year Eve Last Minute Nails (step-by-step)




So just now I decided to change my nail colour to this blue and I took pictures of step-by-step how to achieve these nails, which a lot of people seemed to like.

You will need OPI base coat, Illamasqua Phallic, Deborahh Lippmann Today was a Fairytale and top coat (Umbrella), and a sponge


1. Apply two coats of the midnight blue 



2. Apply the glitter colour on the top 1/3 to 1/4 of your nail, similar to if you had a french manicure. And paint it per nail, don't do it all at once.




3. Immediately after you have applied that glitter, use a sponge and blend it out by smudging it  
 (a semi-gradient effect).



* step 2 and 3 go pretty much hand-in-hand*

I continued doing that to the rest of my fingers.




4. Apply top coat.




Awkward hand modeling...



Now we're done with the nails, I hope this step-by-step helped! I'd love to see how yours turned out!









17 comments:

  1. LOVE the color!

    ~The NB
    http://nuttybrunettelove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice!!!
    you got a GREAT blog
    would love to follow each other!
    just follow and leave a comment
    I alway's follow back!!
    xx chloechante.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely nails, wish I saw this post before!

    Have a healthy & fabolous2013!!
    I'm following you, hope you want to follow me too!

    Xx el33ta

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your nails! <3 Happy new year to you

    x Daisy

    TheMandarineGirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. cool nails! Happy New Year!

    http://glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute! I love doing my nails this way with a black undercoat and gold glitter.

    Happy New Year!

    Stop by sometime, xo Natalie
    lavagabonddame.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. thx for your comment!!
    I'm following now!
    xx chloechante.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like posts like that. Nice color. Have a great day.

    http://www.fashiondenis.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your blog! Maybe we could follow each other on bloglovin or GFC? Please leave me a comment or follow me and I will follow you =)

    http://lepetitplastique.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pictures hun, i hope 2013 brings you everything you want! Have a great day and Happy New Year, i would love it if you could check out my blog and maybe we could follow each other?

    Aimee
    www.new-yorkdoll.blogspot.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sooo pretty!! Need to try this out soon :) I'm following you now, would love if you checked out my blog too xx

    http://www.lifeasizzie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, means a lot! xx